Neo-Poly-Bac is a medicated ointment prescribed to help treat bacterial eye infections in dogs. Applied directly, it treats conditions such as conjunctivitis, keratitis and keratoconjunctivitis, blepharitis and blepharoconjunctivitis to relieve irritated and infected eyes in pets. Customers may receive this drug under the name Vetropolycin.
Neo-Poly-Bac is used for the treatment of eye infections in dogs, cats & small animals; it's designed to be applied in the eye(s) and on the eyelids to treat bacterial infection and related swelling/inflammation in eyes/eyelids.
Possible Side Effects
Most pets can take this medication without any problems. Occasionally, temporary stinging has been reported. If ointment is accidentally ingested, your pet may experience increased drinking/urination. Extended use of this medication can cause infection to worsen. A serious allergic reaction is possible in some animals, particularly in cats. If your pet is acting unusual in any way while receiving this medication, call your veterinarian.
Drug & Food Interactions
Always tell your veterinarian about all other medications and supplements your pet is taking, as interactions may occur.
Pets who are allergic to any of the ingredients should not be given this medication. If there is unhealed fungal or viral infection in the eye, this medication should not be used. Use is also contraindicated if an ulcer is present in the eye.
NOTE: For Generic Medications, picture displayed may not depict actual product. Generic medications may vary from one order to the next by size, color and shape depending on manufacturer. Customers may receive the same drug under the name Vetropolycin.
Active Ingredients Per Gram: Neomycin Sulfate (equivalent to 3.5 mg neomycin base), Polymyxin B Sulfate equivalent to 10,000 polymyxin B units, and Bacitracin Zinc equivalent to 400 bacitracin units.
Inactive Ingredients: White Petrolatum, Mineral Oil.
Use as directed by your vet. Apply the ointment every 3 or 4 hours for 7 to 10 days, depending on the severity of the infection.
Store at room temperatures of 59° - 86°F
What is Neo-Poly-Bac (Generic) Ophthalmic Ointment used for?
This medication is used to treat or prevent bacterial eye infections. This product contains neomycin, bacitracin, and polymyxin, which are antibiotics that work by stopping the growth of bacteria.
How long should I give my pet Neo-Poly-Bac (Generic) Ophthalmic Ointment?
Continue to give this medication for the full time prescribed, even if symptoms disappear after a few days. Stopping the medication too early may allow bacteria to continue to grow, which may result in a relapse of the infection.
How to Order Your Pet’s Medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- Log into your account on pasadenapetstore.com and create your account if you are ordering any prescription items. This way, You can track all your previous history of orders with us including your pet, veterinarian information.
- Please allow us to contact your veterinarian and give us, Pasadena Pet Store, to obtain a prescription on your behalf by faxing a form to your vet or call to send us the prescription. All your vet needs to do is fill out the form We will be providing and fax them back to us.
- During the checkout, you will be asked to provide information about your animal(s) and your veterinarian. Please have the following information ready if you’re able:
- Your animal's name, species, date of birth and gender
- Any allergies your animal may have to medications
- Current listing of any medications your animal may be taking
- Your veterinarian's name, fax number, and phone number
- By Fax: Your vet can fax the prescription from his or her office to (626) 568-1115. If you have already placed an order, please have your vet reference the order number on the document.
*Faxed prescriptions must come from your veterinarian’s office. Please do not send such fax yourself. *
- By Phone: Veterinarian can approve your prescription over the phone by speaking with a Pasadena Pet Store pharmacist at (626) 568-1115.
- By Mail: You can mail the original written prescription (no photocopies, please) to:
Pasadena Pet Store / Pasadena Pets Hospital
2850 East Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91780
Please Note: If you have the original written prescription (or notarized copy of the prescription) – you must mail it to the pharmacy. Please do not email your prescription (if you have the original). We cannot accept prescriptions via email. All prescriptions remain on file at Pasadena Pet Store and are valid for one year (unless a shorter date is specified by the prescriber) or until the total quantity has been dispensed, whichever occurs first.
Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by veterinarians. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
Online Store Hours:
- 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST M-F
- Please contact our store at (626) 568-1115 for any questions or email us at email@example.com
- Any phone calls and/or emails left before 2:00 PM PST will be returned that business day - calls/emails left after 2:00 PM PST will be returned the next business day.
*In the event of an emergency - please contact your local veterinarian immediately.*
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- The availability of medications may vary by state.
- We cannot ship any prescription medications to destinations outside of the United States nor non-approved state.
- You have to be an existing client or previous client, and existing client relationship with veterinarian is within 1 year.
- When ordering prescription items, you must FIRST log in or create an account to complete your order. We will not ship or fill any medicine without existing client relationship with us, nor without prescription.
- Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- Prescription products are generally shipped 24-72 hours after a valid prescription is received.
- Prescription items are NOT returnable – once they have shipped, we are unable to take them back.
- Prescriptions are filled for animal use only written by a doctor of veterinarian medicine licensed in the United States.
- No prescriptions will be filled for human use.
- When an order is placed, you may see a 'HOLD' on your bank card, however, we do not capture and collect funds until either the prescription is approved and processes or your over-the-counter products are shipped.
- Please use this link for proper methods of disposing unused medicine.