Clomicalm is an oral medication prescribed by veterinarians to help control anxiety—including separation anxiety—in dogs. These tablets can also be used as part of a behavior modification program. This medication comes in an oral tablet form and can be easily disguised in your canine companion’s favorite food.
Clomicalm is used to control canine behavior problems, especially separation anxiety.
Possible Side Effects
Possible side effects include appetite changes, diarrhea, lethargy, dry mouth, difficulty urinating, or increased heart rate. Other side effects are possible. If your pet appears to be ill in any way after taking Clomicalm, call your veterinarian.Drug & Food Interactions
Interactions can occur with MAOIs, selegiline, amitraz, insulin, some flea/tick collars, some antidepressants, and some thyroid medications. Always tell your veterinarian about any medications or supplements your pet is taking prior to using Clomicalm.
Animals who are allergic to clomipramine or other tricyclic antidepressants should not take Clomicalm. Discuss risks with your veterinarian if your dog experiences epilepsy, seizures, urine retention, decreased gastrointestinal motility, constipation, liver/kidney disease, heart rhythm disturbances, thyroid disease, or glaucoma before starting Clomicalm. Avoid feeding aged cheese to your dog with this medication. Pets under 6 months of age should not take Clomicalm. Safety studies have not been performed in pregnant/lactating females. Do not use in pets who are being treated or who have been recently treated with selegiline.
Tablets are given orally every 12 to 24 hours as directed by your veterinarian. Give this medication as prescribed by your veterinarian, as overdoes can be very toxic. Give Clomicalm with a meal to minimize the risks of stomach upset. If you forget to give a dose, give it as soon as you remember, but never give two doses at one time.
Store in a dry place at controlled room temperature between 59° - 77°F. Store unused tablets in the original closed container.
What is Clomicalm?
Clomicalm is a tricyclic antidepressant that is given orally (by mouth) in order to control behavior problems such as separation anxiety when used as directed by your veterinarian.
What are the benefits of Clomicalm?
- Works to manage behavior problems without a sedative effect.
- Controls behavior problems and relieves symptoms when used along with proper behavior modification and training techniques.
- Easy to administer.
How is this medication given?
Give this medication by mouth with food unless your veterinarian instructs you otherwise.
It is important to give this medication exactly as prescribed by your veterinarian. Clomicalm can be given once or twice daily.
Give this medication only to the pet it has been prescribed for.
How does this medication work?
Clomicalm influences serotonin and other chemical levels in the brain that can influence behavior.
What results can I expect?
You should start noticing an improvement in your dogs behavior problems, including separation anxiety but it may take several weeks to notice a change.
Clomicalm therapy is only successful when used in conjunction with proper behavior modification and training techniques.
How to Order Your Pet’s Medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- Log into your account on pasadenapetstore.com and create your account if you are ordering any prescription items. This way, You can track all your previous history of orders with us including your pet, veterinarian information.
- Please allow us to contact your veterinarian and give us, Pasadena Pet Store, to obtain a prescription on your behalf by faxing a form to your vet or call to send us the prescription. All your vet needs to do is fill out the form We will be providing and fax them back to us.
- During the checkout, you will be asked to provide information about your animal(s) and your veterinarian. Please have the following information ready if you’re able:
- Your animal's name, species, date of birth and gender
- Any allergies your animal may have to medications
- Current listing of any medications your animal may be taking
- Your veterinarian's name, fax number, and phone number
- By Fax: Your vet can fax the prescription from his or her office to (626) 568-1115. If you have already placed an order, please have your vet reference the order number on the document.
*Faxed prescriptions must come from your veterinarian’s office. Please do not send such fax yourself. *
- By Phone: Veterinarian can approve your prescription over the phone by speaking with a Pasadena Pet Store pharmacist at (626) 568-1115.
- By Mail: You can mail the original written prescription (no photocopies, please) to:
Pasadena Pet Store / Pasadena Pets Hospital
2850 East Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91780
Please Note: If you have the original written prescription (or notarized copy of the prescription) – you must mail it to the pharmacy. Please do not email your prescription (if you have the original). We cannot accept prescriptions via email. All prescriptions remain on file at Pasadena Pet Store and are valid for one year (unless a shorter date is specified by the prescriber) or until the total quantity has been dispensed, whichever occurs first.
Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by veterinarians. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
Online Store Hours:
- 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST M-F
- Please contact our store at (626) 568-1115 for any questions or email us at email@example.com
- Any phone calls and/or emails left before 2:00 PM PST will be returned that business day - calls/emails left after 2:00 PM PST will be returned the next business day.
*In the event of an emergency - please contact your local veterinarian immediately.*
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- The availability of medications may vary by state.
- We cannot ship any prescription medications to destinations outside of the United States nor non-approved state.
- You have to be an existing client or previous client, and existing client relationship with veterinarian is within 1 year.
- When ordering prescription items, you must FIRST log in or create an account to complete your order. We will not ship or fill any medicine without existing client relationship with us, nor without prescription.
- Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- Prescription products are generally shipped 24-72 hours after a valid prescription is received.
- Prescription items are NOT returnable – once they have shipped, we are unable to take them back.
- Prescriptions are filled for animal use only written by a doctor of veterinarian medicine licensed in the United States.
- No prescriptions will be filled for human use.
- When an order is placed, you may see a 'HOLD' on your bank card, however, we do not capture and collect funds until either the prescription is approved and processes or your over-the-counter products are shipped.
- Please use this link for proper methods of disposing unused medicine.