Vetoryl is a prescription medication prescribed to aid in your dog's treatment of hyperadrenocorticism—also known as Cushing's Disease. This medication treats both pituitary-dependent and adrenal-dependent cases, and controls the excess production of cortisol caused by the disease.Uses
Vetoryl Capsules are indicated for the treatment of pituitary-dependent hyperadrenocorticism in dogs. Also known as Cushing's Disease, in dogs it is a condition where too much of the hormone cortisol is produced.Possible Side Effects
In rare cases poor/reduced appetite, vomiting, lethargy/dullness, diarrhea, and weakness. Occasionally, more serious reactions, including severe depression, hemorrhagic diarrhea, collapse, hypoadrenocortical crisis or adrenal necrosis/rupture may occur.
Drug & Food Interactions
Talk to your veterinarian about any other drugs your dog is taking before starting this medication.
Do not give this medication to pregnant dogs, or dogs with kidney or liver disease. Consult with your veterinarian if your dog is taking other medications.
How to Order Your Pet’s Prescription Medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- Log into your account on pasadenapetstore.com and create your account if you are ordering any prescription items. This way, You can track all your previous history of orders with us including your pet, veterinarian information.
- Please allow us to contact your veterinarian and give us, Pasadena Pet Store, to obtain a prescription on your behalf by faxing a form to your vet or call to send us the prescription. All your vet needs to do is fill out the form We will be providing and fax them back to us.
- During the checkout, you will be asked to provide information about your animal(s) and your veterinarian. Please have the following information ready if you’re able:
- Your animal's name, species, date of birth and gender
- Any allergies your animal may have to medications
- Current listing of any medications your animal may be taking
- Your veterinarian's name, fax number, and phone number
- By Fax: Your vet can fax the prescription from his or her office to (626) 568-1115. If you have already placed an order, please have your vet reference the order number on the document.
*Faxed prescriptions must come from your veterinarian’s office. Please do not send such fax yourself. *
- By Phone: Your vet can approve your prescription over the phone by speaking with a Pasadena Pet Store pharmacist at (626) 568-1115.
- By Mail: You can mail the original written prescription (no photocopies, please) to:
Pasadena Pet Store / Pasadena Pets Hospital
2850 East Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91780
Please Note: If you have the original written prescription (or notarized copy of the prescription) – you must mail it to the pharmacy. Please do not email your prescription (if you have the original). We cannot accept prescriptions via email. All prescriptions remain on file at Pasadena Pet Store and are valid for one year (unless a shorter date is specified by the prescriber) or until the total quantity has been dispensed, whichever occurs first.
Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST M-F
- Please contact our pharmacy at (626) 568-1115 for any questions
- Any phone calls and/or emails left before 2:00 PM PST will be returned that business day - calls/emails left after 2:00 PM PST will be returned the next business day.
*In the event of an emergency - please contact your local veterinarian immediately.*
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase prescription medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- The availability of medications may vary by state.
- We cannot ship any prescription medications to destinations outside of the United States.
- When ordering prescription items, you must FIRST log in or create an account to complete your order.
- Prescription products are generally shipped 24-72 hours after a valid prescription is received.
- Prescription items are NOT returnable – once they have shipped, we are unable to take them back.
- Prescriptions are filled for animal use only written by a doctor of veterinarian medicine licensed in the United States.
- No prescriptions will be filled for human use.
- When an order is placed, you may see a 'HOLD' on your bank card, however, we do not capture and collect funds until either the prescription is approved and processes or your over-the-counter products are shipped.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.