Thyro-Tabs are an oral prescription tablet that provides hormone replacement therapy in dogs and cats to treat the symptoms of hypothyroidism when thyroid production is lower than normal. Having a balanced amount of thyroid hormone is important in sustaining normal mental health and physical activity for your pets.
For replacement therapy for diminished thyroid function in dogs.
Possible Side Effects
When administered at an appropriate dose to pets requiring thyroid hormone replacement, there should not be any adverse effects associated with therapy.
Drug & Food Interactions
Interactions may occur with other medications including supplements, vitamins, estrogens, digoxin, warfarin, epinephrine, insulin or norepinephrine.
Do not use in dogs with thyrotoxicosis or uncorrected adrenal insufficiency. Different brands of levothyroxine may not work the same. If the pills look different from the last filling, speak to your pharmacist or veterinarian. Do not use in animals with hyperthyroidism, a condition in which the body produces too much thyroid hormone. Tell your veterinarian if your pet could be pregnant, has been diagnosed with Addison's disease (hypoadrenocorticism) or has any heart problems.
Use this medication as directed by your veterinarian. If you forget a dose, give it as soon as possible but do not give two doses at the same time.Storage Instructions
Store at temperatures between 68° - 77°F. Protect from light and moisture.
What is Levothyroxine?
Levothyroxine is a medication prescribed for dogs and cats to treat conditions associated with hypothyroidism.
What are the benefits of Levothyroxine?
Treats conditions associated with hypothyroidism. Easy to administer
How is this medication given?
How does this medication work?
Levothyroxine provides thyroid replacement therapy to pets with hypothyroidism or other thyroid conditions due to low circulating thyroid hormone.
What results can I expect?
It will not cure the thyroid condition but will relieve the symptoms. Because every pet reacts differently to this medication, your veterinarian may monitor thyroid hormone levels in the blood every 2-4 weeks while adjusting the dose. Periodic testing is also necessary.
How to Order Your Pet’s Prescription Medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- Log into your account on pasadenapetstore.com and create your account if you are ordering any prescription items. This way, You can track all your previous history of orders with us including your pet, veterinarian information.
- Please allow us to contact your veterinarian and give us, Pasadena Pet Store, to obtain a prescription on your behalf by faxing a form to your vet or call to send us the prescription. All your vet needs to do is fill out the form We will be providing and fax them back to us.
- During the checkout, you will be asked to provide information about your animal(s) and your veterinarian. Please have the following information ready if you’re able:
- Your animal's name, species, date of birth and gender
- Any allergies your animal may have to medications
- Current listing of any medications your animal may be taking
- Your veterinarian's name, fax number, and phone number
- By Fax: Your vet can fax the prescription from his or her office to (626) 568-1115. If you have already placed an order, please have your vet reference the order number on the document.
*Faxed prescriptions must come from your veterinarian’s office. Please do not send such fax yourself. *
- By Phone: Your vet can approve your prescription over the phone by speaking with a Pasadena Pet Store pharmacist at (626) 568-1115.
- By Mail: You can mail the original written prescription (no photocopies, please) to:
Pasadena Pet Store / Pasadena Pets Hospital
2850 East Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91780
Please Note: If you have the original written prescription (or notarized copy of the prescription) – you must mail it to the pharmacy. Please do not email your prescription (if you have the original). We cannot accept prescriptions via email. All prescriptions remain on file at Pasadena Pet Store and are valid for one year (unless a shorter date is specified by the prescriber) or until the total quantity has been dispensed, whichever occurs first.
Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST M-F
- Please contact our pharmacy at (626) 568-1115 for any questions
- Any phone calls and/or emails left before 2:00 PM PST will be returned that business day - calls/emails left after 2:00 PM PST will be returned the next business day.
*In the event of an emergency - please contact your local veterinarian immediately.*
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase prescription medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- The availability of medications may vary by state.
- We cannot ship any prescription medications to destinations outside of the United States.
- When ordering prescription items, you must FIRST log in or create an account to complete your order.
- Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- Prescription products are generally shipped 24-72 hours after a valid prescription is received.
- Prescription items are NOT returnable – once they have shipped, we are unable to take them back.
- Prescriptions are filled for animal use only written by a doctor of veterinarian medicine licensed in the United States.
- No prescriptions will be filled for human use.
- When an order is placed, you may see a 'HOLD' on your bank card, however, we do not capture and collect funds until either the prescription is approved and processes or your over-the-counter products are shipped.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.