Rilexine is an oral antibiotic prescribed by veterinarians to treat urinary tract infections in dogs, as well as pyoderma—a bacterial infection of the skin. Plus, it comes in an easy-to-administer chewable tablet form that can easily be hidden in your dog's favorite food.Uses
For the treatment of secondary superficial bacterial pyoderma in dogs caused by susceptible strains of Staphylococcus pseudintermedius.Possible Side Effects
The most common side effects of Rilexine are gastrointestinal upset including diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. Rilexine can cause an allergic reaction in some pets. Signs of an allergic reaction include swelling, hives, vomiting, and collapse. If your pet experiences an allergic reaction to this medication, contact your veterinarian or emergency veterinary hospital immediately.
Drug & Food Interactions
Aminoglycosides, amphotericin B, chloramphenicol, and oral anticoagulants (blood thinners) may interact with Rilexine. Other drugs may also interfere with Rilexine so be sure to tell your veterinarian about any other medications, vitamins, or supplements your pet is taking prior to giving Rilexine.
Only prescribe antibacterial drugs when a bacterial infection is present. The safe use of this medication for breeding, pregnant or lactating dogs has not been evaluated. This medication may affect urine test results. Hematological reactions have also been observed with cephalosporin therapy including neutropenia and anemia.
How to Order Your Pet’s Prescription Medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- Log into your account on pasadenapetstore.com and create your account if you are ordering any prescription items. This way, You can track all your previous history of orders with us including your pet, veterinarian information.
- Please allow us to contact your veterinarian and give us, Pasadena Pet Store, to obtain a prescription on your behalf by faxing a form to your vet or call to send us the prescription. All your vet needs to do is fill out the form We will be providing and fax them back to us.
- During the checkout, you will be asked to provide information about your animal(s) and your veterinarian. Please have the following information ready if you’re able:
- Your animal's name, species, date of birth and gender
- Any allergies your animal may have to medications
- Current listing of any medications your animal may be taking
- Your veterinarian's name, fax number, and phone number
- By Fax: Your vet can fax the prescription from his or her office to (626) 568-1115. If you have already placed an order, please have your vet reference the order number on the document.
*Faxed prescriptions must come from your veterinarian’s office. Please do not send such fax yourself. *
- By Phone: Your vet can approve your prescription over the phone by speaking with a Pasadena Pet Store pharmacist at (626) 568-1115.
- By Mail: You can mail the original written prescription (no photocopies, please) to:
Pasadena Pet Store / Pasadena Pets Hospital
2850 East Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91780
Please Note: If you have the original written prescription (or notarized copy of the prescription) – you must mail it to the pharmacy. Please do not email your prescription (if you have the original). We cannot accept prescriptions via email. All prescriptions remain on file at Pasadena Pet Store and are valid for one year (unless a shorter date is specified by the prescriber) or until the total quantity has been dispensed, whichever occurs first.
Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST M-F
- Please contact our pharmacy at (626) 568-1115 for any questions
- Any phone calls and/or emails left before 2:00 PM PST will be returned that business day - calls/emails left after 2:00 PM PST will be returned the next business day.
*In the event of an emergency - please contact your local veterinarian immediately.*
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase prescription medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- The availability of medications may vary by state.
- We cannot ship any prescription medications to destinations outside of the United States.
- When ordering prescription items, you must FIRST log in or create an account to complete your order.
- Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- Prescription products are generally shipped 24-72 hours after a valid prescription is received.
- Prescription items are NOT returnable – once they have shipped, we are unable to take them back.
- Prescriptions are filled for animal use only written by a doctor of veterinarian medicine licensed in the United States.
- No prescriptions will be filled for human use.
- When an order is placed, you may see a 'HOLD' on your bank card, however, we do not capture and collect funds until either the prescription is approved and processes or your over-the-counter products are shipped.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.