Orbax (orbifloxacin) is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic used for the treatment of diseases in dogs and cats associated with bacteria susceptible to orbifloxacin. It comes in an oral suspension, so you can easily disguise it in your pet’s favorite wet food or feed directly. It's also available in an easy-to-feed tablet.
Orbax Oral Suspension is indicated for the treatment of urinary tract infections (cystitis) in dogs. This medication is also indicated for skin and soft tissue infections (wounds and abscesses) in dogs and cats.
Possible Side Effects
Side effects that usually are not serious include:
- Vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, reduced appetite.
You don’t have to be overly concerned if you see any of these effects unless they are severe, worsen, or continue to be a problem. Contact your veterinarian if this happens.
Side effects that may be serious or indicate a serious problem:
Trouble walking (or other joint effects), especially in young or growing animals.
Stimulation (eg, overly excited) or seizures (rare), especially in animals with liver or kidney problems.
Blindness in cats can be caused by large doses.
Fever, rashes, or trouble breathing may indicate an allergy to the drug.
Decreased or lack of an appetite, especially in cats.
If you see any of these signs, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Drug & Food Interactions
Orbifloxacin is contraindicated in young pets during the rapid growth phase (between two and eight months of age in small and medium-sized breeds, and up to 18 months of age in large and giant breeds). Orbifloxacin is contraindicated in pets known to be hypersensitive to antibiotics.
Prescribing antibacterial drugs in the absence of a proven or strongly suspected bacterial infection is unlikely to provide benefit to treated pets and may increase the risk of the development of drug-resistant animal pathogens. Administer this medication with caution in the presence of hepatic insufficiency/impairment. Please refer to the pet side of the package insert for Precautions related specifically to pets. This medication should be used with caution in pets with known or suspected central nervous system (CNS) disorders. In such pets, this medication has, in rare instances, been associated with CNS stimulation, which may lead to convulsive seizures. This medication has been shown to produce erosions of cartilage of weight-bearing joints and other signs of joint diseases in young pets of various species. Please consult your veterinarian before using in pets used for breeding or that are pregnant and/or lactating
What is Orbax?
Orbax is an oral medication that treats bacterial infections.
What are the benefits of Orbax?
- Absorbs rapidly into the body.
- Once a day medication.
- No reported side effects.
- Easy to administer.
How is this medication given?
Orally. Provide plenty of fresh water for your pet to drink.
How does this medication work?
It works by blocking the bacteria's ability to make DNA, resulting in death of the bacteria.
What results can I expect?
Orbax is well absorbed from the intestinal tract and is carried by the bloodstream to many tissues of the body where it kills susceptible bacteria. To be effective, Orbax must be given multiple days in a row. If condition does not improve or worsens after beginning treatment, please consult your veterinarian.
How to Order Your Pet’s Medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- Log into your account on pasadenapetstore.com and create your account if you are ordering any prescription items. This way, You can track all your previous history of orders with us including your pet, veterinarian information.
- Please allow us to contact your veterinarian and give us, Pasadena Pet Store, to obtain a prescription on your behalf by faxing a form to your vet or call to send us the prescription. All your vet needs to do is fill out the form We will be providing and fax them back to us.
- During the checkout, you will be asked to provide information about your animal(s) and your veterinarian. Please have the following information ready if you’re able:
- Your animal's name, species, date of birth and gender
- Any allergies your animal may have to medications
- Current listing of any medications your animal may be taking
- Your veterinarian's name, fax number, and phone number
- By Fax: Your vet can fax the prescription from his or her office to (626) 568-1115. If you have already placed an order, please have your vet reference the order number on the document.
*Faxed prescriptions must come from your veterinarian’s office. Please do not send such fax yourself. *
- By Phone: Veterinarian can approve your prescription over the phone by speaking with a Pasadena Pet Store pharmacist at (626) 568-1115.
- By Mail: You can mail the original written prescription (no photocopies, please) to:
Pasadena Pet Store / Pasadena Pets Hospital
2850 East Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91780
Please Note: If you have the original written prescription (or notarized copy of the prescription) – you must mail it to the pharmacy. Please do not email your prescription (if you have the original). We cannot accept prescriptions via email. All prescriptions remain on file at Pasadena Pet Store and are valid for one year (unless a shorter date is specified by the prescriber) or until the total quantity has been dispensed, whichever occurs first.
Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by veterinarians. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
Online Store Hours:
- 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST M-F
- Please contact our store at (626) 568-1115 for any questions or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any phone calls and/or emails left before 2:00 PM PST will be returned that business day - calls/emails left after 2:00 PM PST will be returned the next business day.
*In the event of an emergency - please contact your local veterinarian immediately.*
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- The availability of medications may vary by state.
- We cannot ship any prescription medications to destinations outside of the United States nor non-approved state.
- You have to be an existing client or previous client, and existing client relationship with veterinarian is within 1 year.
- When ordering prescription items, you must FIRST log in or create an account to complete your order. We will not ship or fill any medicine without existing client relationship with us, nor without prescription.
- Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- Prescription products are generally shipped 24-72 hours after a valid prescription is received.
- Prescription items are NOT returnable – once they have shipped, we are unable to take them back.
- Prescriptions are filled for animal use only written by a doctor of veterinarian medicine licensed in the United States.
- No prescriptions will be filled for human use.
- When an order is placed, you may see a 'HOLD' on your bank card, however, we do not capture and collect funds until either the prescription is approved and processes or your over-the-counter products are shipped.
- Please use this link for proper methods of disposing unused medicine.