The OraVet Dental Hygiene Chews for Dogs proves that daily dental care can be a positive experience for your dog! Since most furry pals hate brushing, these tasty chews deliver an alternative way to clean their mouth. The only oral care of its kind to use delmopinol, it works to loosen and dislodge plaque as your dog happily chews away. And what’s more, it actually forms a barrier that protects against the bacteria that leads to plaque and calculus buildup—all resulting in fresh, kissable breath for your beloved pup. Just one per day keeps the plaque and bad breath away!Key Benefits
- Daily dental chew works to loosen and dislodge plaque to help break it away from teeth.
- The only dental chews for dogs to use delmopinol, which forms a barrier that blocks bacteria and the formation of plaque and calculus.
- Recommended by vets and highly dissolvable for easy digestion with a great taste that dogs will love.
- Defends against new plaque, calculus (calcified plaque or tartar), and halitosis (bad breath).
- Just one chew a day keeps the plaque away! At-home dental care is an important step in your dog’s overall health.
Not recommended for puppies under 6 months of age, pregnant or nursing dogs. Do not underdose; give the entire appropriately sized chew to your dog, do not cut or break as this may present a risk of choking. Do not give more than one chew per day to each dog in the household. Weigh your dog to ensure you give the appropriately sized chew. Do not give to cats. Keep out of the reach of children. Monitor your dog until the OraVet Dental Hygiene Chew is fully consumed.
Pork Protein, Wheat, and Soy. * Each chew contains 0.7% (wt/wt) Delmopinal HCI delivered in a proprietary chewable formulation.
Give your dog 1 chew daily or as directed by a veterinarian.
How to Administer:
- Ensure you select the appropriately sized chew for your dog.
- Tear or use scissors to open OraVet chew wrapper.
- Give entire chew to your dog, do not cut or break.
- Monitor your dog until the OraVet Dental Hygiene Chew is fully consumed.
My dog really likes OraVet Chews. Is it safe to give more than 1 per day?
We do not recommend giving your dog more than 1 OraVet Chew per day.
How long will it take my dog to finish a daily OraVet Chew?
Each dog chews at a different pace, so each OraVet Chew will last for a different amount of time.
Can unfinished OraVet Chews be saved for later use?
No. If left out, OraVet Chews can harden. So if your dog doesn't finish eating one, it should be thrown out.
How do I know what size OraVet Chews are right for my dog?
Dogs come in different sizes. And so do OraVet Chews. There are 4 sizes in all, for dogs 3.5 - 9 lbs, 10 - 24 lbs, 25 - 50 lbs, and over 51 lbs. Ask your vet for help if you're not sure how much your dog weighs.
Why is it important to have my dog’s teeth cleaned regularly?
Like people, dogs need regular dental cleaning to remove the plaque and tartar buildup that can cause bad breath and gum disease.
I feed my dog dental diet or dental chews already. How are OraVet Chews different?
OraVet Chews have a unique dual - action mechanism that prevents bacterial attachment — reducing halitosis (bad breath) at the source. The action of chewing works to loosen and dislodge plaque to help it break away from teeth. Then, the extra ingredient, delmopinol, works by disrupting the plaque matrix and forms a barrier, preventing new bacteria from adhering to the teeth.
How to Order Your Pet’s Medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- Log into your account on pasadenapetstore.com and create your account if you are ordering any prescription items. This way, You can track all your previous history of orders with us including your pet, veterinarian information.
- Please allow us to contact your veterinarian and give us, Pasadena Pet Store, to obtain a prescription on your behalf by faxing a form to your vet or call to send us the prescription. All your vet needs to do is fill out the form We will be providing and fax them back to us.
- During the checkout, you will be asked to provide information about your animal(s) and your veterinarian. Please have the following information ready if you’re able:
- Your animal's name, species, date of birth and gender
- Any allergies your animal may have to medications
- Current listing of any medications your animal may be taking
- Your veterinarian's name, fax number, and phone number
- By Fax: Your vet can fax the prescription from his or her office to (626) 568-1115. If you have already placed an order, please have your vet reference the order number on the document.
*Faxed prescriptions must come from your veterinarian’s office. Please do not send such fax yourself. *
- By Phone: Veterinarian can approve your prescription over the phone by speaking with a Pasadena Pet Store pharmacist at (626) 568-1115.
- By Mail: You can mail the original written prescription (no photocopies, please) to:
Pasadena Pet Store / Pasadena Pets Hospital
2850 East Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91780
Please Note: If you have the original written prescription (or notarized copy of the prescription) – you must mail it to the pharmacy. Please do not email your prescription (if you have the original). We cannot accept prescriptions via email. All prescriptions remain on file at Pasadena Pet Store and are valid for one year (unless a shorter date is specified by the prescriber) or until the total quantity has been dispensed, whichever occurs first.
Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by veterinarians. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
Online Store Hours:
- 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST M-F
- Please contact our store at (626) 568-1115 for any questions or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any phone calls and/or emails left before 2:00 PM PST will be returned that business day - calls/emails left after 2:00 PM PST will be returned the next business day.
*In the event of an emergency - please contact your local veterinarian immediately.*
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- The availability of medications may vary by state.
- We cannot ship any prescription medications to destinations outside of the United States nor non-approved state.
- You have to be an existing client or previous client, and existing client relationship with veterinarian is within 1 year.
- When ordering prescription items, you must FIRST log in or create an account to complete your order. We will not ship or fill any medicine without existing client relationship with us, nor without prescription.
- Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- Prescription products are generally shipped 24-72 hours after a valid prescription is received.
- Prescription items are NOT returnable – once they have shipped, we are unable to take them back.
- Prescriptions are filled for animal use only written by a doctor of veterinarian medicine licensed in the United States.
- No prescriptions will be filled for human use.
- When an order is placed, you may see a 'HOLD' on your bank card, however, we do not capture and collect funds until either the prescription is approved and processes or your over-the-counter products are shipped.
- Please use this link for proper methods of disposing unused medicine.