NexGard is a tasty bite-sized beef-flavored chewable tablet used to kill adult fleas before they lay eggs to help prevent infestations, plus it kills ticks in pets eight weeks or older, weighing four or more pounds. The fast-acting formula provides safe and effective year-round protection when given monthly. And since it comes in a chewable tablet form, it’s easy to give to your pet as a tasty treat or disguise it in your pet’s favorite wet food.Uses
Kills adult fleas and is indicated for the treatment and prevention of flea infestations and the treatment and control of black-legged tick, American dog tick, Lone Star tick and brown dog tick infestations in dogs and puppies eight weeks of age and older, weighing four pounds or greater, for one month.Possible Side Effects
Side effects that usually are not serious include: Vomiting or decreased appetite, Dry skin, Diarrhea. If any of these signs are severe, worsen, or continue to be a problem, contact your veterinarian. Side effects that may be serious or indicate a serious problem: Vomiting that does not stop, Complete loss of appetite, Tremors, Seizures, Difficulty walking (eg, weakness, stumbling). If you see any of these signs, contact your veterinarian immediately.Drug & Food Interactions
There are no known contraindications for the use of NexGard.Precautions
The safe use of NexGard in breeding, pregnant or lactating females has not been evaluated. Use with caution in pets with a history of seizures.
|Color on Box||Weight Range||Strength||Dosage||Product Page|
|ORANGE||4-10 lbs||11.3 mg Afoxolaner||Administer orally once a month|
|BLUE||10.1-24 lbs||28.3 mg Afoxolaner||Administer orally once a month|
|PURPLE||24.1-60 lbs||68 mg Afoxolaner||Administer orally once a month|
|RED||60.1-121 lbs||136 mg Afoxolaner||Administer orally once a month|
How to Order Your Pet’s Prescription Medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- Log into your account on pasadenapetstore.com and create your account if you are ordering any prescription items. This way, You can track all your previous history of orders with us including your pet, veterinarian information.
- Please allow us to contact your veterinarian and give us, Pasadena Pet Store, to obtain a prescription on your behalf by faxing a form to your vet or call to send us the prescription. All your vet needs to do is fill out the form We will be providing and fax them back to us.
- During the checkout, you will be asked to provide information about your animal(s) and your veterinarian. Please have the following information ready if you’re able:
- Your animal's name, species, date of birth and gender
- Any allergies your animal may have to medications
- Current listing of any medications your animal may be taking
- Your veterinarian's name, fax number, and phone number
- By Fax: Your vet can fax the prescription from his or her office to (626) 568-1115. If you have already placed an order, please have your vet reference the order number on the document.
*Faxed prescriptions must come from your veterinarian’s office. Please do not send such fax yourself. *
- By Phone: Your vet can approve your prescription over the phone by speaking with a Pasadena Pet Store pharmacist at (626) 568-1115.
- By Mail: You can mail the original written prescription (no photocopies, please) to:
Pasadena Pet Store / Pasadena Pets Hospital
2850 East Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91780
Please Note: If you have the original written prescription (or notarized copy of the prescription) – you must mail it to the pharmacy. Please do not email your prescription (if you have the original). We cannot accept prescriptions via email. All prescriptions remain on file at Pasadena Pet Store and are valid for one year (unless a shorter date is specified by the prescriber) or until the total quantity has been dispensed, whichever occurs first.
Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST M-F
- Please contact our pharmacy at (626) 568-1115 for any questions
- Any phone calls and/or emails left before 2:00 PM PST will be returned that business day - calls/emails left after 2:00 PM PST will be returned the next business day.
*In the event of an emergency - please contact your local veterinarian immediately.*
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase prescription medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- The availability of medications may vary by state.
- We cannot ship any prescription medications to destinations outside of the United States.
- When ordering prescription items, you must FIRST log in or create an account to complete your order.
- Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- Prescription products are generally shipped 24-72 hours after a valid prescription is received.
- Prescription items are NOT returnable – once they have shipped, we are unable to take them back.
- Prescriptions are filled for animal use only written by a doctor of veterinarian medicine licensed in the United States.
- No prescriptions will be filled for human use.
- When an order is placed, you may see a 'HOLD' on your bank card, however, we do not capture and collect funds until either the prescription is approved and processes or your over-the-counter products are shipped.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.