Your furry friend must have a current heartworm test result on file with your veterinarian in order to be prescribed heartworm medication. Please visit your veterinarian to have this test performed annually to protect your four-legged friend. Heartgard Plus is a heartworm preventative that kills heartworms and helps to control and treat hookworms for dogs 51 to 100 lbs. Given monthly, it comes in a chewable tablet that you can feed to your pal as a tasty, beef-flavored treat. Head back to the dog park, reassured that your dog is protected from nasty parasites.Uses
To prevent heartworm disease by eliminating the tissue stage of heartworm larvae (Dirofilaria immitis) for one month (30 days) after infection.Possible Side Effects
When used as directed on the label, side effects are rare.
Reported side effects that usually are not serious include:
- Vomiting, diarrhea.
You don’t have to be overly concerned if you see either of these signs unless they are severe, persistent, or worsen. Contact your veterinarian if this happens.
Side effects that may be serious or indicate a serious problem:
Central nervous system toxicity (especially in those breeds that have the MDR1 gene mutation). Toxic signs can include: coma, weakness, clumsiness, blindness, dilated (big) pupils, trembling, excessive drooling or foaming, or the animal pressing its head against the wall.
Blindness or enlarged pupils can occur when doses are high, especially in susceptible breeds of dogs.
If you see any of these signs, contact your veterinarian immediately.Drug & Food Interactions
Heartgard Plus has shown a wide margin of safety at the recommended dose level, including pregnant or breeding females, male dogs and puppies aged six or more weeks. In clinical trials, many commonly used flea collars, dips, shampoos, anthelmintics (anti-parasitic drugs), antibiotics, vaccines and steroid preparations have been administered with this medication in a heartworm disease preventive program.Precautions
All pets should be tested for existing heartworm infection before starting treatment with this medication, which is not effective against adult heartworm. Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children. In case of ingestion by humans, clients should be advised to contact a physician immediately. Physicians may contact a Poison Control Center for advice concerning cases of ingestion by humans.
|Color on Box||Weight Range||Strength||Dosage||Product Page|
|BLUE||Up to 25 lbs||68 mcg Ivermectin & 57 mg Pyrantel||Administered orally at monthly intervals|
|GREEN||26 to 50 lbs||136 mcg Ivermectin & 114 mg Pyrantel||Administered orally at monthly intervals|
|BROWN||51 to 100 lbs||272 mcg Ivermectin & 227 mg Pyrantel||Administered orally at monthly intervals|
How to Order Your Pet’s Prescription Medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- Log into your account on pasadenapetstore.com and create your account if you are ordering any prescription items. This way, You can track all your previous history of orders with us including your pet, veterinarian information.
- Please allow us to contact your veterinarian and give us, Pasadena Pet Store, to obtain a prescription on your behalf by faxing a form to your vet or call to send us the prescription. All your vet needs to do is fill out the form We will be providing and fax them back to us.
- During the checkout, you will be asked to provide information about your animal(s) and your veterinarian. Please have the following information ready if you’re able:
- Your animal's name, species, date of birth and gender
- Any allergies your animal may have to medications
- Current listing of any medications your animal may be taking
- Your veterinarian's name, fax number, and phone number
- By Fax: Your vet can fax the prescription from his or her office to (626) 568-1115. If you have already placed an order, please have your vet reference the order number on the document.
*Faxed prescriptions must come from your veterinarian’s office. Please do not send such fax yourself. *
- By Phone: Your vet can approve your prescription over the phone by speaking with a Pasadena Pet Store pharmacist at (626) 568-1115.
- By Mail: You can mail the original written prescription (no photocopies, please) to:
Pasadena Pet Store / Pasadena Pets Hospital
2850 East Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91780
Please Note: If you have the original written prescription (or notarized copy of the prescription) – you must mail it to the pharmacy. Please do not email your prescription (if you have the original). We cannot accept prescriptions via email. All prescriptions remain on file at Pasadena Pet Store and are valid for one year (unless a shorter date is specified by the prescriber) or until the total quantity has been dispensed, whichever occurs first.
Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST M-F
- Please contact our pharmacy at (626) 568-1115 for any questions
- Any phone calls and/or emails left before 2:00 PM PST will be returned that business day - calls/emails left after 2:00 PM PST will be returned the next business day.
*In the event of an emergency - please contact your local veterinarian immediately.*
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase prescription medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- The availability of medications may vary by state.
- We cannot ship any prescription medications to destinations outside of the United States.
- When ordering prescription items, you must FIRST log in or create an account to complete your order.
- Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- Prescription products are generally shipped 24-72 hours after a valid prescription is received.
- Prescription items are NOT returnable – once they have shipped, we are unable to take them back.
- Prescriptions are filled for animal use only written by a doctor of veterinarian medicine licensed in the United States.
- No prescriptions will be filled for human use.
- When an order is placed, you may see a 'HOLD' on your bank card, however, we do not capture and collect funds until either the prescription is approved and processes or your over-the-counter products are shipped.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.