Fluoxetine is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) that is prescribed to treat a variety of behavioral problems caused by separation anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorders. It works by increasing the effectiveness of serotonin in the brain, which aids in the management of anxiety and depression. Customers may receive this drug under the names Reconcile, Prozac.
Fluoxetine tablets are indicated for the treatment of separation anxiety in conjunction with a behavior modification plan.
Possible Side Effects
Common, but not serious side effects include, drowsiness, lack of energy, reduced appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, shaking, shivering, tremors, restlessness, or panting.
You don’t have to be overly concerned if you see any of these unless they persist or worsen. Contact your veterinarian if this happens.
Drug & Food Interactions
Fluoxetine tablets are not for use in pets with epilepsy or a history of seizures. Fluoxetine tablets should not be given with drugs that lower the seizure threshold (e.g., phenothiazines such as acepromazine or chlorpromazine).
Fluoxetine tablets are not recommended for the treatment of aggression. Fluoxetine tablets have not been clinically tested for the treatment of other behavioral disorders. Studies to determine the effects of Fluoxetine tablets in breeding, pregnant, or lactating dogs and in pets less than 6 months of age have not been conducted.
NOTE: For Generic Medications, picture displayed may not depict actual product. Generic medications may vary from one order to the next by size, color and shape depending on manufacturer. Customers may receive the same drug under the names Reconcile, Prozac.
The recommended dose of Fluoxetine will depend on size and severity of symptoms. Always follow the dosage instructions provided by your veterinarian.Storage Instructions
Store at temperatures between 68° - 77°F.
What is Fluoxetine?
This is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) that is given orally to pets in order to manage a variety of behavioral problems.
What are the benefits of Fluoxetine?
- Effective generic option.
- Treats multiple behavioral problems.
- Can be given easily at home.
How is this medication given?
This medication is given by mouth (orally). Giving Fluoxetine with food can help to prevent stomach upset.
Follow the exact instructions that are given to you by your veterinarian. Never stop this medication abruptly unless your veterinarian tells you to. Your pets dose may be able to be lowered over time. Call your veterinarian if you are unsure of how to use Fluoxetine properly.
How does this medication work?
Fluoxetine increases the effectiveness of the serotonin which is a chemical in the brain that can be responsible for multiple behavior disorders in pets.
What results can I expect?
Fluoxetine can help to manage the symptoms associated with some behavior disorders in pets including separation anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorders, and other behavioral problems as directed by your veterinarian.
No behavioral medication will be fully effective or curative unless it is used in conjunction with behavioral modification and training techniques to try to change the unwanted behavior.
It can also take several weeks to see results, so please be patient.
How to Order Your Pet’s Medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- Log into your account on pasadenapetstore.com and create your account if you are ordering any prescription items. This way, You can track all your previous history of orders with us including your pet, veterinarian information.
- Please allow us to contact your veterinarian and give us, Pasadena Pet Store, to obtain a prescription on your behalf by faxing a form to your vet or call to send us the prescription. All your vet needs to do is fill out the form We will be providing and fax them back to us.
- During the checkout, you will be asked to provide information about your animal(s) and your veterinarian. Please have the following information ready if you’re able:
- Your animal's name, species, date of birth and gender
- Any allergies your animal may have to medications
- Current listing of any medications your animal may be taking
- Your veterinarian's name, fax number, and phone number
- By Fax: Your vet can fax the prescription from his or her office to (626) 568-1115. If you have already placed an order, please have your vet reference the order number on the document.
*Faxed prescriptions must come from your veterinarian’s office. Please do not send such fax yourself. *
- By Phone: Veterinarian can approve your prescription over the phone by speaking with a Pasadena Pet Store pharmacist at (626) 568-1115.
- By Mail: You can mail the original written prescription (no photocopies, please) to:
Pasadena Pet Store / Pasadena Pets Hospital
2850 East Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91780
Please Note: If you have the original written prescription (or notarized copy of the prescription) – you must mail it to the pharmacy. Please do not email your prescription (if you have the original). We cannot accept prescriptions via email. All prescriptions remain on file at Pasadena Pet Store and are valid for one year (unless a shorter date is specified by the prescriber) or until the total quantity has been dispensed, whichever occurs first.
Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by veterinarians. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
Online Store Hours:
- 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST M-F
- Please contact our store at (626) 568-1115 for any questions or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any phone calls and/or emails left before 2:00 PM PST will be returned that business day - calls/emails left after 2:00 PM PST will be returned the next business day.
*In the event of an emergency - please contact your local veterinarian immediately.*
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- The availability of medications may vary by state.
- We cannot ship any prescription medications to destinations outside of the United States nor non-approved state.
- You have to be an existing client or previous client, and existing client relationship with veterinarian is within 1 year.
- When ordering prescription items, you must FIRST log in or create an account to complete your order. We will not ship or fill any medicine without existing client relationship with us, nor without prescription.
- Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- Prescription products are generally shipped 24-72 hours after a valid prescription is received.
- Prescription items are NOT returnable – once they have shipped, we are unable to take them back.
- Prescriptions are filled for animal use only written by a doctor of veterinarian medicine licensed in the United States.
- No prescriptions will be filled for human use.
- When an order is placed, you may see a 'HOLD' on your bank card, however, we do not capture and collect funds until either the prescription is approved and processes or your over-the-counter products are shipped.
- Please use this link for proper methods of disposing unused medicine.