Felimazole treats feline hyperthyroidism, a commonly diagnosed disease in senior cats. The disease results in excess levels of thyroid hormone being produced in the thyroid gland. Symptoms can include weight loss, increased thirst and urination, vomiting, and excess activity.
Felimazole Coated Tablets (methimazole) are indicated for the treatment of hyperthyroidism in cats.
Possible Side Effects
Side effects usually occur during the first three months of treatment. They may include loss of appetite, vomiting, and lethargy. These typically occur within the first two weeks of treatment and may eventually stop even with continuation of treatment. Less common side effects are yellowing of the gums, skin, or eyes (jaundice) which may signify liver problems. Itching of the face, scratching, or increased bleeding tendencies may occur.
Drug & Food Interactions
Do not use in cats with hypersensitivity to methimazole, carbimazole or the excipient, polyethylene glycol. Do not use in cats with primary liver disease, renal failure, autoimmune diseases, hematological disorders or coagulopathies.
Use of Felimazole Tablets in cats with renal dysfunction should be carefully evaluated. Reversal of hyperthyroidism may be associated with decreased filtration rate and a decline in renal function, revealing underlying renal disease.
Use this medication as directed by your veterinarian.Storage Instructions
Store at controlled room temperature 77°F with excursions between 59°-86°F permitted. Keep the container tightly closed in order to protect from moisture.
What is hyperthyroidism?
Cats with hyperthyroidism have a thyroid gland that is producing excessive amounts of thyroid hormones. This causes a dramatic increase in the body's metabolic rate.
What do I need to know about Felimazole Coated Tablets?
Felimazole Coated Tablets contain the active ingredient methimazole and are given to your cat every day to block the production of thyroid hormones.
How do I give Felimazole Coated Tablets to my cat?
Follow the instructions given by your veterinarian. Felimazole Coated Tablets are best given directly to your cat, but the small, sugar-coated tablets can also be hidden in the food.
What should I do if I forget to give a tablet?
Speak to your veterinarian. Do not give a double dose next time. If your cat is due to have a monitoring blood test within a couple of days of missing a tablet, make sure you let your veterinarian know as it could affect the blood results.
How to Order Your Pet’s Medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- Log into your account on pasadenapetstore.com and create your account if you are ordering any prescription items. This way, You can track all your previous history of orders with us including your pet, veterinarian information.
- Please allow us to contact your veterinarian and give us, Pasadena Pet Store, to obtain a prescription on your behalf by faxing a form to your vet or call to send us the prescription. All your vet needs to do is fill out the form We will be providing and fax them back to us.
- During the checkout, you will be asked to provide information about your animal(s) and your veterinarian. Please have the following information ready if you’re able:
- Your animal's name, species, date of birth and gender
- Any allergies your animal may have to medications
- Current listing of any medications your animal may be taking
- Your veterinarian's name, fax number, and phone number
- By Fax: Your vet can fax the prescription from his or her office to (626) 568-1115. If you have already placed an order, please have your vet reference the order number on the document.
*Faxed prescriptions must come from your veterinarian’s office. Please do not send such fax yourself. *
- By Phone: Veterinarian can approve your prescription over the phone by speaking with a Pasadena Pet Store pharmacist at (626) 568-1115.
- By Mail: You can mail the original written prescription (no photocopies, please) to:
Pasadena Pet Store / Pasadena Pets Hospital
2850 East Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91780
Please Note: If you have the original written prescription (or notarized copy of the prescription) – you must mail it to the pharmacy. Please do not email your prescription (if you have the original). We cannot accept prescriptions via email. All prescriptions remain on file at Pasadena Pet Store and are valid for one year (unless a shorter date is specified by the prescriber) or until the total quantity has been dispensed, whichever occurs first.
Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by veterinarians. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
Online Store Hours:
- 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST M-F
- Please contact our store at (626) 568-1115 for any questions or email us at email@example.com
- Any phone calls and/or emails left before 2:00 PM PST will be returned that business day - calls/emails left after 2:00 PM PST will be returned the next business day.
*In the event of an emergency - please contact your local veterinarian immediately.*
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- The availability of medications may vary by state.
- We cannot ship any prescription medications to destinations outside of the United States nor non-approved state.
- You have to be an existing client or previous client, and existing client relationship with veterinarian is within 1 year.
- When ordering prescription items, you must FIRST log in or create an account to complete your order. We will not ship or fill any medicine without existing client relationship with us, nor without prescription.
- Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- Prescription products are generally shipped 24-72 hours after a valid prescription is received.
- Prescription items are NOT returnable – once they have shipped, we are unable to take them back.
- Prescriptions are filled for animal use only written by a doctor of veterinarian medicine licensed in the United States.
- No prescriptions will be filled for human use.
- When an order is placed, you may see a 'HOLD' on your bank card, however, we do not capture and collect funds until either the prescription is approved and processes or your over-the-counter products are shipped.
- Please use this link for proper methods of disposing unused medicine.