Doxycycline Hyclate is an antibiotic prescribed to treat a variety of infections including Lyme disease, rocky mountain spotted fever, chlamydia and bacterial infections. It might also help with urinary tract, respiratory tract and wound infections. This medication comes in an oral tablet form. Customers may receive this drug under the names Doxirobe, Vibramycin.
Doxycycline is a broad-spectrum antibiotic used to treat many diseases carried by ticks. Doxycycline is used to treat infections such as ehrlichiosis, Lyme Disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, salmon poisoning, toxoplasmosis, and leptospirosis.
Possible Side Effects
The most commonly reported symptoms have included nausea and diarrhea, which are minor. Some pets may also suffer from loss of appetite, hair loss, lesions, mental confusion, and jaundice. If you observe more severe reactions like facial hives, swelling of the lips or tongue and difficulty breathing, immediately discontinue use and contact your vet, as these may be signs of an allergic reaction.
Drug & Food Interactions
Talk to your vet about any other drugs the pet is taking before starting this medication.
Do not give Doxycycline to pregnant or nursing pets. Do not give multivitamins, calcium supplements, antacids, or laxatives within 2 hours before or after giving this medication, as these products can reduce the effectiveness of Doxycycline. Doxycycline may make a pet's skin more sensitive to sunlight and sunburn may occur. Throw away any unused medication when it expires or when it is no longer needed. Expired Doxycycline can cause a dangerous syndrome that can result in damage to the kidneys.
This drug is FDA-approved for human use. However, it is common practice for veterinarians to prescribe such drugs for use in dogs and cats.
NOTE: For Generic Medications, picture displayed may not depict actual product. Generic medications may vary from one order to the next by size, color and shape depending on manufacturer. Customers may receive the same drug under the names Doxirobe, Vibramycin.
Always follow the dosage instructions provided by your vet.
Unless otherwise stated by the manufacturer, store in a tightly closed container at room temperature 60° - 86°F, protected from light, heat, and moisture. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
What is Doxycycline?
Doxycycline is an antibiotic used to treat infections like Lyme disease, chlamydia, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, and bacterial infections caused by susceptible organisms.
What are the benefits of Doxycycline?
- Treats a broad spectrum of infections
- Effective against tick-borne diseases like Lyme disease and Chlamydia
- Used for treatment of urinary tract, respiratory tract and wound infections
How is this medication given?
Use as directed by your veterinarian.
How does this medication work?
Doxycycline is a tetracycline antibiotic that treats bacterial infections. It works by interrupting the production of proteins by bacteria. It's effective against a wide variety of bacteria.
How to Order Your Pet’s Prescription Medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- Log into your account on pasadenapetstore.com and create your account if you are ordering any prescription items. This way, You can track all your previous history of orders with us including your pet, veterinarian information.
- Please allow us to contact your veterinarian and give us, Pasadena Pet Store, to obtain a prescription on your behalf by faxing a form to your vet or call to send us the prescription. All your vet needs to do is fill out the form We will be providing and fax them back to us.
- During the checkout, you will be asked to provide information about your animal(s) and your veterinarian. Please have the following information ready if you’re able:
- Your animal's name, species, date of birth and gender
- Any allergies your animal may have to medications
- Current listing of any medications your animal may be taking
- Your veterinarian's name, fax number, and phone number
- By Fax: Your vet can fax the prescription from his or her office to (626) 568-1115. If you have already placed an order, please have your vet reference the order number on the document.
*Faxed prescriptions must come from your veterinarian’s office. Please do not send such fax yourself. *
- By Phone: Your vet can approve your prescription over the phone by speaking with a Pasadena Pet Store pharmacist at (626) 568-1115.
- By Mail: You can mail the original written prescription (no photocopies, please) to:
Pasadena Pet Store / Pasadena Pets Hospital
2850 East Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91780
Please Note: If you have the original written prescription (or notarized copy of the prescription) – you must mail it to the pharmacy. Please do not email your prescription (if you have the original). We cannot accept prescriptions via email. All prescriptions remain on file at Pasadena Pet Store and are valid for one year (unless a shorter date is specified by the prescriber) or until the total quantity has been dispensed, whichever occurs first.
Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST M-F
- Please contact our pharmacy at (626) 568-1115 for any questions
- Any phone calls and/or emails left before 2:00 PM PST will be returned that business day - calls/emails left after 2:00 PM PST will be returned the next business day.
*In the event of an emergency - please contact your local veterinarian immediately.*
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase prescription medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- The availability of medications may vary by state.
- We cannot ship any prescription medications to destinations outside of the United States.
- When ordering prescription items, you must FIRST log in or create an account to complete your order.
- Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- Prescription products are generally shipped 24-72 hours after a valid prescription is received.
- Prescription items are NOT returnable – once they have shipped, we are unable to take them back.
- Prescriptions are filled for animal use only written by a doctor of veterinarian medicine licensed in the United States.
- No prescriptions will be filled for human use.
- When an order is placed, you may see a 'HOLD' on your bank card, however, we do not capture and collect funds until either the prescription is approved and processes or your over-the-counter products are shipped.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.