Derma-Vet Ointment is a prescription medication formulated to help treat cutaneous disorders in dogs and cats, including medical conditions that affect the skin, hair, nails and related muscles and glands. This ointment is especially useful for disorders caused or affected by bacterial and yeast infections. It’s crafted with a powerful blend of four ingredients—nystatin, an antifungal; neomycin sulfate, an antibiotic; thiostrepton, an antibacterial; and triamcinolone acetonide to help reduce itching. Derm-Vet Ointment is available in multiple sizes and comes in a tube with a long tip for easy administration, so you can help your pet get the relief she needs.
Nystatin, neomycin sulfate, thiostrepton and triamcinolone acetonide ointment is particularly useful in the treatment of acute and chronic otitis of varied etiologies, in interdigital cysts in cats and dogs, and in anal gland infections in dogs. The preparation is also indicated in the management of dermatologic disorders characterized by inflammation and dry or exudative dermatitis, particularly those caused, complicated, or threatened by bacterial or candidal (Candida albicans) infections. It is also of value in eczematous dermatitis; contact dermatitis and seborrheic dermatitis; and as an adjunct in the treatment of dermatitis due to parasitic infestation.
Possible Side Effects
SAP and SGPT (ALT) enzyme elevations, polydipsia/polyuria, vomiting, and diarrhea (occasionally bloody) have been observed following parenteral or systemic use of synthetic corticosteroids in dogs. Cushing’s syndrome has been reported in association with prolonged or repeated steroid therapy in dogs. Temporary hearing loss has been reported in conjunction with treatment of otitis with products containing corticosteroids. However, regression usually occurred following withdrawal of the drug. If hearing dysfunction is noted during the course of treatment with nystatin, neomycin sulfate, thiostrepton and triamcinolone acetonide ointment, discontinue its use.
Drug & Food Interactions
Talk to your veterinarian about any other drugs your pet is taking before starting this medication.
Before instilling any medication into the ear, examine the external ear canal thoroughly to be certain the tympanic membrane is not ruptured in order to avoid the possibility of transmitting infection to the middle ear as well as damaging the cochlea or vestibular apparatus from prolonged contact. If hearing or vestibular dysfunction is noted during the course of treatment, discontinue the use of nystatin, neomycin sulfate, thiostrepton and triamcinolone acetonide ointment.
Each mL contains: nystatin 100,000 units, neomycin sulfate (equivalent to neomycin base) 2.5 mg, thiostrepton 2,500 units, triamcinolone acetonide 1.0 mg.
The frequency of administration is dependent on the severity of the condition. For mild inflammations, the application may range from once daily to once a week; for severe conditions nystatin, neomycin sulfate, thiostrepton and triamcinolone acetonide ointment may be applied as often as two to three times daily, if necessary. The frequency of treatment may be decreased as improvement occurs. Wear gloves during the administration of the ointment or wash hands immediately after application.
240 mL bottle: Do not store above 86°F. 7.5 mL, 15 mL, 30 mL tubes: Store at room temperature; avoid excessive heat (104°F).
What does Derma-Vet Treat?
Treats skin, ear, and anal gland infections in dogs and cats.
What are the benefits of Derma-vet
Easy to apply ointment
Thicker than other products - can't be easily removed by the pet.
Approved by the FDA
How to Order Your Pet’s Medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- Log into your account on pasadenapetstore.com and create your account if you are ordering any prescription items. This way, You can track all your previous history of orders with us including your pet, veterinarian information.
- Please allow us to contact your veterinarian and give us, Pasadena Pet Store, to obtain a prescription on your behalf by faxing a form to your vet or call to send us the prescription. All your vet needs to do is fill out the form We will be providing and fax them back to us.
- During the checkout, you will be asked to provide information about your animal(s) and your veterinarian. Please have the following information ready if you’re able:
- Your animal's name, species, date of birth and gender
- Any allergies your animal may have to medications
- Current listing of any medications your animal may be taking
- Your veterinarian's name, fax number, and phone number
- By Fax: Your vet can fax the prescription from his or her office to (626) 568-1115. If you have already placed an order, please have your vet reference the order number on the document.
*Faxed prescriptions must come from your veterinarian’s office. Please do not send such fax yourself. *
- By Phone: Veterinarian can approve your prescription over the phone by speaking with a Pasadena Pet Store pharmacist at (626) 568-1115.
- By Mail: You can mail the original written prescription (no photocopies, please) to:
Pasadena Pet Store / Pasadena Pets Hospital
2850 East Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91780
Please Note: If you have the original written prescription (or notarized copy of the prescription) – you must mail it to the pharmacy. Please do not email your prescription (if you have the original). We cannot accept prescriptions via email. All prescriptions remain on file at Pasadena Pet Store and are valid for one year (unless a shorter date is specified by the prescriber) or until the total quantity has been dispensed, whichever occurs first.
Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by veterinarians. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
Online Store Hours:
- 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST M-F
- Please contact our store at (626) 568-1115 for any questions or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any phone calls and/or emails left before 2:00 PM PST will be returned that business day - calls/emails left after 2:00 PM PST will be returned the next business day.
*In the event of an emergency - please contact your local veterinarian immediately.*
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- The availability of medications may vary by state.
- We cannot ship any prescription medications to destinations outside of the United States nor non-approved state.
- You have to be an existing client or previous client, and existing client relationship with veterinarian is within 1 year.
- When ordering prescription items, you must FIRST log in or create an account to complete your order. We will not ship or fill any medicine without existing client relationship with us, nor without prescription.
- Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- Prescription products are generally shipped 24-72 hours after a valid prescription is received.
- Prescription items are NOT returnable – once they have shipped, we are unable to take them back.
- Prescriptions are filled for animal use only written by a doctor of veterinarian medicine licensed in the United States.
- No prescriptions will be filled for human use.
- When an order is placed, you may see a 'HOLD' on your bank card, however, we do not capture and collect funds until either the prescription is approved and processes or your over-the-counter products are shipped.
- Please use this link for proper methods of disposing unused medicine.