Credelio is a chewable tablet that's easy on dogs and tough on ticks and fleas. This monthly prescription kills ticks and fleas, treats flea infestations and treats and controls tick infestations. Credelio starts working in just 4 hours and provides 100% monthly efficacy against fleas and more than 97% monthly efficacy against ticks. These tablets are approved for puppies and dogs 8 weeks of age and older who weigh 50.1-100 pounds.
Credelio kills adult fleas and is indicated for the treatment of flea infestations and the treatment and control of tick infestations for one month in dogs and puppies 8 weeks of age and older, and weighing 4.4 pounds or greater.
Possible Side Effects
Because this is a new drug, monitor your dog closely while taking this medication. If you have any concerns about your animal while taking this medicine, contact your veterinarian.
Side effects that usually are not serious include:
- Vomiting, diarrhea, decreased appetite.
- Increased urination.
If any of these are severe, worsen, or continue to be a problem, contact your veterinarian.
Side effects that may be serious or indicate a serious problem include:
- Vomiting that does not stop.
- Complete loss of appetite.
- Tremors, seizures.
- Difficulty walking (eg, weakness, stumbling).
If you see any of these signs, contact your veterinarian immediately.Drug & Food Interactions
No adverse reactions were observed from the concomitant use of Credelio with other medications.
The safe use of Credelio in breeding, pregnant or lactating dogs has not been evaluated. Use with caution in dogs with a history of seizures.
|Color on Box||Weight Range||Strength||Dosage||Product Page|
|YELLOW||4.4-6.0 lbs||56.25 mg Lotilaner||Give orally once a month|
|PINK||6.1-12.0 lbs||112.5 mg Lotilaner||Give orally once a month|
|ORANGE||12.1-25 lbs||225 mg Lotilaner||Give orally once a month|
|GREEN||25.1-50 lbs||450 mg Lotilaner||Give orally once a month|
|BLUE||50.1-100 lbs||900 mg Lotilaner||Give orally once a month|
Credelio is given orally once a month, as directed by your veterinarian.
Store at temperatures between 59° - 77°F.
What is lotilaner, the active ingredient in Credelio?
Lotilaner is a member of the isoxazoline class of parasiticides. It has acaracidal and insecticidal activity, and acts as an inhibitor of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)–gated chloride channels (GABACls).
Can Credelio be given to dogs with food allergies?
Credelio tablets are made with a beef flavoring containing pork liver and soy but no actual beef. Tablets also contain barley, wheat and lactose. Consult your veterinarian before using in dogs with food allergies to pork, soy, barley, wheat or lactose.
What is the acceptability/ palatability of Credelio
In a field trial, the acceptability of credelio was tested at 10 different locations across the u.s. 94% of dogs accepted Credelio from the hand, in the bowl or with food. The remaining 6% accepted Credelio when placed in the mouth. There were no reports of unsuccessful dosing.
The positive control in the u.s. field trial was Nexgard® (afoxolaner). Acceptability results were very similar, with only 4% reaching the “placed in mouth” stage. Also, Nexgard had no reports of unsuccessful dosing.
What is the shelf life of Credelio?
Please reference the individual packaging of Credelio for the expiration date.
How long does a Credelio tablet remain stable outside the blister pack?
No stability testing has been performed on tablets once they have been removed from the blister pack. We do not recommend taking the tablets out of the blister pack for storage in another container. Credelio tablets should only be taken out of the blister pack at the time of dosing.
Is Credelio gluten-free?
Yes, Credelio is considered gluten-free.