Ciprofloxacin Ophthalmic Solution is a broad-spectrum topical antibiotic prescribed to treat certain eye infections that are caused by bacteria. It works by blocking the bacteria's ability to make DNA, causing it to die out. Customers may receive this drug under the name Cipro.
Ciprofloxacin Ophthalmic Solution is indicated for the treatment of infections caused by susceptible strains of bacteria in corneal ulcers.
Possible Side Effects
Possible side effects may include lack of appetite, vomiting, central nervous system (CNS) disorders, such as epilepsy or dizziness. Possible allergic reactions may include facial swelling, hives, scratching, sudden onset of diarrhea and vomiting. Shock, seizures, pale gums, cold limbs or coma are other signs of an allergic reaction. Please contact your veterinarian immediately if you notice any of these symptoms.
Drug & Food Interactions
Consult your veterinarian before using this ciprofloxacin as it may interact with vitamins, supplements, and other medications.
Do not use in animals hypersensitive or allergic to ciprofloxacin or other quinolone antibiotics and/or sulfonamides. This medication should also not be used in breeding, pregnant or lactating animals. Use with caution in pets with kidney or liver disease. To avoid cartilage damage, treatment for large- and giant-breed dogs may need to wait until 12 to 18 months of age, respectively. Quinolones are also contraindicated in patients hypersensitive to them.
This drug is FDA-approved for human use. However, it is common practice for veterinarians to prescribe such drugs for use in dogs, cats and horses.
NOTE: For Generic Medications, picture displayed may not depict actual product. Generic medications may vary from one order to the next by size, color and shape depending on manufacturer. Customers may receive the same drug under the name Cipro.
Use this medication according to your veterinarian's instructions as they will be able to determine the appropriate dose and frequency.
Store at temperatures from 68° - 77°F.
What is Ciprofloxacin used for?
This medication is used to treat eye infections. Ciprofloxacin belongs to a class of drugs called quinolone antibiotics. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
How long should I give my pet Ciprofloxacin?
Continue treatment for the full amount prescribed. Consult with your veterinarian for any questions you may have.
How to Order Your Pet’s Medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- Log into your account on pasadenapetstore.com and create your account if you are ordering any prescription items. This way, You can track all your previous history of orders with us including your pet, veterinarian information.
- Please allow us to contact your veterinarian and give us, Pasadena Pet Store, to obtain a prescription on your behalf by faxing a form to your vet or call to send us the prescription. All your vet needs to do is fill out the form We will be providing and fax them back to us.
- During the checkout, you will be asked to provide information about your animal(s) and your veterinarian. Please have the following information ready if you’re able:
- Your animal's name, species, date of birth and gender
- Any allergies your animal may have to medications
- Current listing of any medications your animal may be taking
- Your veterinarian's name, fax number, and phone number
- By Fax: Your vet can fax the prescription from his or her office to (626) 568-1115. If you have already placed an order, please have your vet reference the order number on the document.
*Faxed prescriptions must come from your veterinarian’s office. Please do not send such fax yourself. *
- By Phone: Veterinarian can approve your prescription over the phone by speaking with a Pasadena Pet Store pharmacist at (626) 568-1115.
- By Mail: You can mail the original written prescription (no photocopies, please) to:
Pasadena Pet Store / Pasadena Pets Hospital
2850 East Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91780
Please Note: If you have the original written prescription (or notarized copy of the prescription) – you must mail it to the pharmacy. Please do not email your prescription (if you have the original). We cannot accept prescriptions via email. All prescriptions remain on file at Pasadena Pet Store and are valid for one year (unless a shorter date is specified by the prescriber) or until the total quantity has been dispensed, whichever occurs first.
Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by veterinarians. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
Online Store Hours:
- 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST M-F
- Please contact our store at (626) 568-1115 for any questions or email us at email@example.com
- Any phone calls and/or emails left before 2:00 PM PST will be returned that business day - calls/emails left after 2:00 PM PST will be returned the next business day.
*In the event of an emergency - please contact your local veterinarian immediately.*
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- The availability of medications may vary by state.
- We cannot ship any prescription medications to destinations outside of the United States nor non-approved state.
- You have to be an existing client or previous client, and existing client relationship with veterinarian is within 1 year.
- When ordering prescription items, you must FIRST log in or create an account to complete your order. We will not ship or fill any medicine without existing client relationship with us, nor without prescription.
- Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- Prescription products are generally shipped 24-72 hours after a valid prescription is received.
- Prescription items are NOT returnable – once they have shipped, we are unable to take them back.
- Prescriptions are filled for animal use only written by a doctor of veterinarian medicine licensed in the United States.
- No prescriptions will be filled for human use.
- When an order is placed, you may see a 'HOLD' on your bank card, however, we do not capture and collect funds until either the prescription is approved and processes or your over-the-counter products are shipped.
- Please use this link for proper methods of disposing unused medicine.