Get rid of those pesky fleas with the Cheristin Flea Treatment Topical For Cats. The perfect solution for itchy kitties, this topical treatment is specially formulated just for felines. Cheristin works to get rid of fleas in the blink of an eye and comes with a ready-to-use applicator, so it is easy to apply. This treatment continues to work for a full month after application, which means no more meowing or scratching thanks to the safe and effective formula.
- Starts killing and preventing fleas within 30 minutes of application.
- Kills 98 to 100% of fleas within 12 hours to put a quick stop to meowing and scratching.
- Each treatment continues to work for one full month of nonstop protection.
- Comes in an easy-to-use applicator that is non-greasy and gets down to the skin.
- Gentle enough for cats and kittens 8 weeks of age and older.
For use on cats and kittens only. For external use only. Do not use on kittens less than 8 weeks of age or weighing less than 1.8 lbs. Always read, understand and follow the label and use directions.
Fleas rise to the top of your pet's coat as they die, so consider it a triumph if you start seeing more fleas at first, after treating your pet. If you’re still seeing fleas after application, it may be because your pet has picked up new fleas from the environment, which may include other pets, surfaces and outdoor areas. It may take up to 30 days to break the entire flea life cycle. Additionally, you should also treat sources of new fleas (i.e., carpet, yard, etc.) to ensure complete flea control.
Active Ingredients: Spinetoram 11.2% Other Ingredients: 88.8%
- Remove one applicator tube from the blister package.
- Hold the applicator tube in an upright position.
- Press cap down until it clicks (indicating that the tube has been punctured). (See Figure 1.) Hold upright and remove cap. Check to be sure there is an opening at the tip of the tube.
- Part the hair on the neck at the base of the head until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube directly above the skin and squeeze the tube 2-4 times to expel the contents of the tube directly on the skin. For best results, apply at the base of the head, not between shoulder blades. Avoid getting the product in your pet's eyes or mouth. Treatment at the base of the head will minimize the opportunity for the cat to directly lick the product. Do not allow your cat to ingest this product. (There may be a small residual remaining in the tube after a full dose is expelled).
- Discard the empty applicator tube in the trash.
Do not allow your cat to ingest this product. For cats weighing over 20lbs, using more than 1 single dose is not advised. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals or animals known to be sensitive to pesticides. Monitor your cat after application. Side effects may include signs of application site reactions such as application site hair loss, hair change (greasy, clumping or matting) or redness, inflammation and itching. Other side effects such as inactivity, vomiting and inappetance have also been reported. If these or any other side effects occur, consult your veterinarian, your cat’s healthcare expert.
Where is this product sourced from?
We source all our products from manufacturer approved distributors or directly from the manufacturers. Pasadena Pets Hospital takes pride in ensuring that our furry friends’ wellbeing is always our top priority. We have worked hard to partner with all of the manufactures to deliver 100% authentic products
What is Cheristin?
Cheristin for cats (spinetoram) is a topical flea protection that is specifically designed for cats. While monthly application is recommended, it starts killing fleas in just 30 minutes and protects your cat for up to 6 weeks.
How long does it take for Cheristin to work?
Cheristin starts killing fleas in just 30 minutes to provide quick relief for your cat. In a controlled study, it killed 98-100% of fleas within 12 hours.
How long does Cheristin last? While monthly application is recommended, a single dose of Cheristin kills adult fleas for up to 6 weeks.
What type of parasites does Cheristin kill?
Cheristin kills fleas. Its active ingredient, spinetoram, starts killing fleas in just 30 minutes and remains effective for up to 6 weeks to keep your cat protected from fleas, although monthly application is recommended.
Do I need a prescription for Cheristin?
No. Cheristin is available online and at retail outlets without a prescription.
How do I apply Cheristin to my cat?
Cheristin is a quick-drying, topical solution that isn't greasy or messy. It has a rounded applicator that makes it easy to apply and comfortable for your cat. Cheristin is only for cats and kittens eight weeks of age or older and weighing 1.8 pounds or more. Always read, understand and follow the label and use directions.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Remove one applicator tube from its packaging.
- Hold the applicator tube in an upright position.
- Press the cap down and listen for a "click" that indicates the tube has been punctured.
- Hold upright and remove the cap. Check to be sure there is an opening at the tip of the tube.
- Part the hair on your cat's neck at the base of the head until skin is visible. Place the open tip of the tube directly above the skin and squeeze the tube 2-4 times to expel the contents directly on the skin.
- Discard the empty applicator tube in the trash.
We recommend applying Cheristin monthly. For best results, apply at the base of the head—not between the shoulder blades—to minimize the chances of your cat licking the product. Avoid getting the product in your cat's eyes or mouth.
Can Cheristin be administered to large and small cats?
Cheristin is a low-volume, one-size-fits-all solution for cats and kittens 8 weeks of age or older and 1.8 pounds or greater, which makes it ideal for families with multiple cats.
Does seeing fleas on my cat mean that Cheristin isn't working?
Not at all. Cheristin kills adult fleas in 30 minutes after contact. If you see fleas on your cat, they are most likely new adult fleas that will die very quickly.
If there are any fleas in your cat's environment, it can take weeks or even months for flea larvae to emerge and grow into adults. Cheristin kills adult fleas before they can lay eggs, breaking the flea lifecycle.
All cats in the household should be treated with an approved flea protection product to minimize the likelihood of flea reinfestation. It may also be necessary to apply an approved flea treatment product to your carpet and furniture in an attempt to remove the presence of fleas in your cat's environment. Low-volume dosage is one-size-fits-all for cats or kittens 8 weeks of age and older that weigh 1.8 pounds or greater. Maintain consistent monthly application of Cheristin to provide continual flea protection for your cat and prevent future infestations.
Will one tube of Cheristin be enough if my cat is over 20 pounds?
Yes. Effectiveness studies have demonstrated that a single tube of Cheristin topical solution is appropriate for, and welltolerated by, cats and kittens 8 weeks of age and older that weigh 1.8 pounds or greater.
Can I split one tube or application of Cheristin between two cats?
No. Giving a partial dose should not be done and is inconsistent with product labeling. Cheristin is one-size-fits-all solution that's ideal for families with multiple cats. Since its low-volume dose is gentle enough for all cats and kittens 8 weeks of age and older that weigh 1.8 pounds or greater, you'll want to be sure to apply an entire single dose to each of your cats.
Why can't Cheristin be used on both dogs and cats?
Cheristin is not approved for use in dogs. Dogs and cats respond to medications differently. Cheristin is specifically designed for cats with an ingredient not found in other flea solutions. Cheristin has been rigorously tested and approved by the EPA for use specifically on cats. I have multiple cats that lick each other.
Is it a problem if they groom each other after treatment?
In multiple cat households, do not allow the cats to groom each other until the product has dried.
Can I combine Cheristin with any other flea and tick products?
There are no known interactions between Cheristin and any EPA-registered or FDA-approved flea control (treatment) product for cats at labeled dosages. Please consult with your veterinarian if you have questions about medications that you are using on your cat. Is Cheristin safe to use with other medications? While there are no known medication interactions with Cheristin, it's important to discuss all of your cat's current medications with your veterinarian.
How many applications of Cheristin are in each box?
Cheristin is available in 1-, 3- and 6-dose packages. What are the potential side effects of Cheristin? Side effects may include application site reactions such as hair loss, hair change (greasy, clumping or matting) or redness, inflammation and itching. Other side effects such as inactivity, vomiting and loss of appetite have also been reported. View product label for complete safety information and always talk with your veterinarian.
How to Order Your Pet’s Prescription Medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- Log into your account on pasadenapetstore.com and create your account if you are ordering any prescription items. This way, You can track all your previous history of orders with us including your pet, veterinarian information.
- Please allow us to contact your veterinarian and give us, Pasadena Pet Store, to obtain a prescription on your behalf by faxing a form to your vet or call to send us the prescription. All your vet needs to do is fill out the form We will be providing and fax them back to us.
- During the checkout, you will be asked to provide information about your animal(s) and your veterinarian. Please have the following information ready if you’re able:
- Your animal's name, species, date of birth and gender
- Any allergies your animal may have to medications
- Current listing of any medications your animal may be taking
- Your veterinarian's name, fax number, and phone number
- By Fax: Your vet can fax the prescription from his or her office to (626) 568-1115. If you have already placed an order, please have your vet reference the order number on the document.
*Faxed prescriptions must come from your veterinarian’s office. Please do not send such fax yourself. *
- By Phone: Your vet can approve your prescription over the phone by speaking with a Pasadena Pet Store pharmacist at (626) 568-1115.
- By Mail: You can mail the original written prescription (no photocopies, please) to:
Pasadena Pet Store / Pasadena Pets Hospital
2850 East Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91780
Please Note: If you have the original written prescription (or notarized copy of the prescription) – you must mail it to the pharmacy. Please do not email your prescription (if you have the original). We cannot accept prescriptions via email. All prescriptions remain on file at Pasadena Pet Store and are valid for one year (unless a shorter date is specified by the prescriber) or until the total quantity has been dispensed, whichever occurs first.
Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST M-F
- Please contact our pharmacy at (626) 568-1115 for any questions
- Any phone calls and/or emails left before 2:00 PM PST will be returned that business day - calls/emails left after 2:00 PM PST will be returned the next business day.
*In the event of an emergency - please contact your local veterinarian immediately.*
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase prescription medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- The availability of medications may vary by state.
- We cannot ship any prescription medications to destinations outside of the United States.
- When ordering prescription items, you must FIRST log in or create an account to complete your order.
- Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- Prescription products are generally shipped 24-72 hours after a valid prescription is received.
- Prescription items are NOT returnable – once they have shipped, we are unable to take them back.
- Prescriptions are filled for animal use only written by a doctor of veterinarian medicine licensed in the United States.
- No prescriptions will be filled for human use.
- When an order is placed, you may see a 'HOLD' on your bank card, however, we do not capture and collect funds until either the prescription is approved and processes or your over-the-counter products are shipped.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.