Enisyl-F Oral Paste contains L-Lysine to help manage the symptoms of feline herpes virus, including sneezing, watery eyes and nasal discharge. L-Lysine is an amino acid that has been shown to reduce the severity and duration of feline herpes virus infections.Key Benefits
- Convenient dial-a-dose syringe aids in precise dosing and easy administration
- Highly palatable oral paste that is easily accepted by most cats
- L-Lysine is an amino acid that has been shown to reduce the severity and duration of feline herpes virus infections
- Manufactured according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards
- Helps manage the symptoms of feline herpes virus, including sneezing, watery eyes and nasal discharge
HAZARDS TO ANIMALS: Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven. If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. WARNING: For animal use only. Keep out of the reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a veterinarian immediately.
Purified Water, L-Lysine Hydrochloride, Sorbitol, Fish Liver Oil, Xanthan Gum, Soya Oil, Tuna Flavor, Soya Lecithin, Silica Aerogel, Caramel Color, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.
For cats 6 months and older, give 2 pumps (2ml) twice daily or as directed by a veterinarian.
Administer orally. Enisyl - F® is extremely tasty and is easily accepted by most cats. It can be applied directly in the mouth, on the nose or on the paws where it can be licked off. Alternatively, you may mix and offer at meal time. Replace the cap securely on the tip of the pump after each use. Each press of the pump delivers 1ml (1 g) of paste.
Store in a cool, dry place.
How to Order Your Pet’s Medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- Log into your account on pasadenapetstore.com and create your account if you are ordering any prescription items. This way, You can track all your previous history of orders with us including your pet, veterinarian information.
- Please allow us to contact your veterinarian and give us, Pasadena Pet Store, to obtain a prescription on your behalf by faxing a form to your vet or call to send us the prescription. All your vet needs to do is fill out the form We will be providing and fax them back to us.
- During the checkout, you will be asked to provide information about your animal(s) and your veterinarian. Please have the following information ready if you’re able:
- Your animal's name, species, date of birth and gender
- Any allergies your animal may have to medications
- Current listing of any medications your animal may be taking
- Your veterinarian's name, fax number, and phone number
- By Fax: Your vet can fax the prescription from his or her office to (626) 568-1115. If you have already placed an order, please have your vet reference the order number on the document.
*Faxed prescriptions must come from your veterinarian’s office. Please do not send such fax yourself. *
- By Phone: Veterinarian can approve your prescription over the phone by speaking with a Pasadena Pet Store pharmacist at (626) 568-1115.
- By Mail: You can mail the original written prescription (no photocopies, please) to:
Pasadena Pet Store / Pasadena Pets Hospital
2850 East Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91780
Please Note: If you have the original written prescription (or notarized copy of the prescription) – you must mail it to the pharmacy. Please do not email your prescription (if you have the original). We cannot accept prescriptions via email. All prescriptions remain on file at Pasadena Pet Store and are valid for one year (unless a shorter date is specified by the prescriber) or until the total quantity has been dispensed, whichever occurs first.
Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by veterinarians. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
Online Store Hours:
- 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST M-F
- Please contact our store at (626) 568-1115 for any questions or email us at email@example.com
- Any phone calls and/or emails left before 2:00 PM PST will be returned that business day - calls/emails left after 2:00 PM PST will be returned the next business day.
*In the event of an emergency - please contact your local veterinarian immediately.*
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- The availability of medications may vary by state.
- We cannot ship any prescription medications to destinations outside of the United States nor non-approved state.
- You have to be an existing client or previous client, and existing client relationship with veterinarian is within 1 year.
- When ordering prescription items, you must FIRST log in or create an account to complete your order. We will not ship or fill any medicine without existing client relationship with us, nor without prescription.
- Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- Prescription products are generally shipped 24-72 hours after a valid prescription is received.
- Prescription items are NOT returnable – once they have shipped, we are unable to take them back.
- Prescriptions are filled for animal use only written by a doctor of veterinarian medicine licensed in the United States.
- No prescriptions will be filled for human use.
- When an order is placed, you may see a 'HOLD' on your bank card, however, we do not capture and collect funds until either the prescription is approved and processes or your over-the-counter products are shipped.
- Please use this link for proper methods of disposing unused medicine.