K-BroVet is a prescription chicken-liver-flavored chewable tablet containing potassium bromide to treat seizure disorders. In addition to therapy, it can be used in combination with other anti-seizure medications or as the sole anticonvulsant.
K-BroVet potassium bromide is used to treat seizure disorders. It can be used in addition to therapy with other agents or as the sole anticonvulsant.
Possible Side Effects
Please contact your veterinarian if your pet experiences drowsiness, increased hunger, thirst, urination, vomiting, constipation, anorexia, uncoordinated movements, nausea or personality changes, including attention, seeking, irritability or aggression, and aimless pacing. Pancreatitis has been reported to be more frequent in pets on concurrent phenobarbital and bromide therapy than pets on phenobarbital alone.
Drug & Food Interactions
Talk to your veterinarian about any other drugs the pet is taking before starting this medication.
K-BroVet should not be used in pets with a history of hypersensitivity to bromide or any of the components of the solution or tablets. For oral use only. Use under your veterinarian’s supervision. May cause sedation or lethargy. Not for use in treating status epilepticus.
For loading dose to achieve a serum level of approximately 1 mg/mL, give 120 mg/kg PO daily for 5 days and then reduce to 30 mg/kg PO once daily. To achieve a serum level of approximately 1.5 mg/mL, give 160 mg/kg PO for 5 days and then reduce to 40 mg/kg PO once daily thereafter.
Store in a tightly sealed container at room temperature 59° - 86°F.
What size is a K-BroVet tablet?
It is approximately the size of a dime.
Can you feed K-BroVet with peanut butter?
There have been no tests dosing dogs with Bromides and feeding peanut butter or any other food combinations, as there are too many variables. The key is to monitor the serum bromide levels to keep them in the 1-3 mg/mL range. The dosing and diet need to be balanced to achieve this range.
Can you use K-BroVet with Phenobarbital?
Yes. You can use it with or without Phenobarbital. It is up to the veterinarian to make that determination.
Is K-BroVet a prescription?
Yes. It is a legend labeled drug as stated on the label.
What is the flavoring?
Tablets are artificial chicken liver and drops are artificial butterscotch. There is no sucrose in the drops.
Should the oral solution be refrigerated after opening?
No. The product should be kept at room temperature.
How to Order Your Pet’s Medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- Log into your account on pasadenapetstore.com and create your account if you are ordering any prescription items. This way, You can track all your previous history of orders with us including your pet, veterinarian information.
- Please allow us to contact your veterinarian and give us, Pasadena Pet Store, to obtain a prescription on your behalf by faxing a form to your vet or call to send us the prescription. All your vet needs to do is fill out the form We will be providing and fax them back to us.
- During the checkout, you will be asked to provide information about your animal(s) and your veterinarian. Please have the following information ready if you’re able:
- Your animal's name, species, date of birth and gender
- Any allergies your animal may have to medications
- Current listing of any medications your animal may be taking
- Your veterinarian's name, fax number, and phone number
- By Fax: Your vet can fax the prescription from his or her office to (626) 568-1115. If you have already placed an order, please have your vet reference the order number on the document.
*Faxed prescriptions must come from your veterinarian’s office. Please do not send such fax yourself. *
- By Phone: Veterinarian can approve your prescription over the phone by speaking with a Pasadena Pet Store pharmacist at (626) 568-1115.
- By Mail: You can mail the original written prescription (no photocopies, please) to:
Pasadena Pet Store / Pasadena Pets Hospital
2850 East Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91780
Please Note: If you have the original written prescription (or notarized copy of the prescription) – you must mail it to the pharmacy. Please do not email your prescription (if you have the original). We cannot accept prescriptions via email. All prescriptions remain on file at Pasadena Pet Store and are valid for one year (unless a shorter date is specified by the prescriber) or until the total quantity has been dispensed, whichever occurs first.
Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by veterinarians. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
Online Store Hours:
- 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST M-F
- Please contact our store at (626) 568-1115 for any questions or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any phone calls and/or emails left before 2:00 PM PST will be returned that business day - calls/emails left after 2:00 PM PST will be returned the next business day.
*In the event of an emergency - please contact your local veterinarian immediately.*
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- The availability of medications may vary by state.
- We cannot ship any prescription medications to destinations outside of the United States nor non-approved state.
- You have to be an existing client or previous client, and existing client relationship with veterinarian is within 1 year.
- When ordering prescription items, you must FIRST log in or create an account to complete your order. We will not ship or fill any medicine without existing client relationship with us, nor without prescription.
- Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- Prescription products are generally shipped 24-72 hours after a valid prescription is received.
- Prescription items are NOT returnable – once they have shipped, we are unable to take them back.
- Prescriptions are filled for animal use only written by a doctor of veterinarian medicine licensed in the United States.
- No prescriptions will be filled for human use.
- When an order is placed, you may see a 'HOLD' on your bank card, however, we do not capture and collect funds until either the prescription is approved and processes or your over-the-counter products are shipped.
- Please use this link for proper methods of disposing unused medicine.