Credelio is a chewable tablet that's easy on dogs and tough on ticks and fleas. This monthly prescription kills ticks and fleas, treats flea infestations and treats and controls tick infestations. Credelio starts working in just 4 hours and provides 100% monthly efficacy against fleas and more than 97% monthly efficacy against ticks. These tablets are approved for puppies and dogs 8 weeks of age and older who weigh 50.1-100 pounds.
Credelio kills adult fleas and is indicated for the treatment of flea infestations and the treatment and control of tick infestations for one month in dogs and puppies 8 weeks of age and older, and weighing 4.4 pounds or greater.
Possible Side Effects
Because this is a new drug, monitor your dog closely while taking this medication. If you have any concerns about your animal while taking this medicine, contact your veterinarian.
Side effects that usually are not serious include:
- Vomiting, diarrhea, decreased appetite.
- Increased urination.
If any of these are severe, worsen, or continue to be a problem, contact your veterinarian.
Side effects that may be serious or indicate a serious problem include:
- Vomiting that does not stop.
- Complete loss of appetite.
- Tremors, seizures.
- Difficulty walking (eg, weakness, stumbling).
If you see any of these signs, contact your veterinarian immediately.Drug & Food Interactions
No adverse reactions were observed from the concomitant use of Credelio with other medications.
The safe use of Credelio in breeding, pregnant or lactating dogs has not been evaluated. Use with caution in dogs with a history of seizures.
|Color on Box||Weight Range||Strength||Dosage||Product Page|
|YELLOW||4.4-6.0 lbs||56.25 mg Lotilaner||Give orally once a month|
|PINK||6.1-12.0 lbs||112.5 mg Lotilaner||Give orally once a month|
|ORANGE||12.1-25 lbs||225 mg Lotilaner||Give orally once a month|
|GREEN||25.1-50 lbs||450 mg Lotilaner||Give orally once a month|
|BLUE||50.1-100 lbs||900 mg Lotilaner||Give orally once a month|
Credelio is given orally once a month, as directed by your veterinarian.
Store at temperatures between 59° - 77°F.
What is lotilaner, the active ingredient in Credelio?
Lotilaner is a member of the isoxazoline class of parasiticides. It has acaracidal and insecticidal activity, and acts as an inhibitor of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)–gated chloride channels (GABACls).
Can Credelio be given to dogs with food allergies?
Credelio tablets are made with a beef flavoring containing pork liver and soy but no actual beef. Tablets also contain barley, wheat and lactose. Consult your veterinarian before using in dogs with food allergies to pork, soy, barley, wheat or lactose.
What is the acceptability/ palatability of Credelio
In a field trial, the acceptability of credelio was tested at 10 different locations across the u.s. 94% of dogs accepted Credelio from the hand, in the bowl or with food. The remaining 6% accepted Credelio when placed in the mouth. There were no reports of unsuccessful dosing.
The positive control in the u.s. field trial was Nexgard® (afoxolaner). Acceptability results were very similar, with only 4% reaching the “placed in mouth” stage. Also, Nexgard had no reports of unsuccessful dosing.
What is the shelf life of Credelio?
Please reference the individual packaging of Credelio for the expiration date.
How long does a Credelio tablet remain stable outside the blister pack?
No stability testing has been performed on tablets once they have been removed from the blister pack. We do not recommend taking the tablets out of the blister pack for storage in another container. Credelio tablets should only be taken out of the blister pack at the time of dosing.
Is Credelio gluten-free?
Yes, Credelio is considered gluten-free.
How to Order Your Pet’s Prescription Medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- Log into your account on pasadenapetstore.com and create your account if you are ordering any prescription items. This way, You can track all your previous history of orders with us including your pet, veterinarian information.
- Please allow us to contact your veterinarian and give us, Pasadena Pet Store, to obtain a prescription on your behalf by faxing a form to your vet or call to send us the prescription. All your vet needs to do is fill out the form We will be providing and fax them back to us.
- During the checkout, you will be asked to provide information about your animal(s) and your veterinarian. Please have the following information ready if you’re able:
- Your animal's name, species, date of birth and gender
- Any allergies your animal may have to medications
- Current listing of any medications your animal may be taking
- Your veterinarian's name, fax number, and phone number
- By Fax: Your vet can fax the prescription from his or her office to (626) 568-1115. If you have already placed an order, please have your vet reference the order number on the document.
*Faxed prescriptions must come from your veterinarian’s office. Please do not send such fax yourself. *
- By Phone: Your vet can approve your prescription over the phone by speaking with a Pasadena Pet Store pharmacist at (626) 568-1115.
- By Mail: You can mail the original written prescription (no photocopies, please) to:
Pasadena Pet Store / Pasadena Pets Hospital
2850 East Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91780
Please Note: If you have the original written prescription (or notarized copy of the prescription) – you must mail it to the pharmacy. Please do not email your prescription (if you have the original). We cannot accept prescriptions via email. All prescriptions remain on file at Pasadena Pet Store and are valid for one year (unless a shorter date is specified by the prescriber) or until the total quantity has been dispensed, whichever occurs first.
Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST M-F
- Please contact our pharmacy at (626) 568-1115 for any questions
- Any phone calls and/or emails left before 2:00 PM PST will be returned that business day - calls/emails left after 2:00 PM PST will be returned the next business day.
*In the event of an emergency - please contact your local veterinarian immediately.*
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase prescription medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- The availability of medications may vary by state.
- We cannot ship any prescription medications to destinations outside of the United States.
- When ordering prescription items, you must FIRST log in or create an account to complete your order.
- Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- Prescription products are generally shipped 24-72 hours after a valid prescription is received.
- Prescription items are NOT returnable – once they have shipped, we are unable to take them back.
- Prescriptions are filled for animal use only written by a doctor of veterinarian medicine licensed in the United States.
- No prescriptions will be filled for human use.
- When an order is placed, you may see a 'HOLD' on your bank card, however, we do not capture and collect funds until either the prescription is approved and processes or your over-the-counter products are shipped.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.