Atopica is an oral solution prescribed to dogs who suffer from allergic dermatitis—a skin reaction caused by contact with an allergen. This is very common in canines with allergies and can cause their skin to become uncomfortably itchy, red and scaly. Atopica targets the root of the problem to help relieve itching, so your companion no longer feels the need to incessantly scratch, rub or lick. Atopica can help provide your dog with the relief she needs.
Atopica is indicated for the control of atopic dermatitis in dogs weighing at least 4 lbs. (1.8 kg) body weight.
Possible Side Effects
Side effects are usually mild and often get better with time.
Common but not serious side effects include:
-Vomiting, reduced appetite, diarrhea. These effects are seen in approximately 1 in 3 dogs usually in the first 1-2 days after starting the drug and often improve over time. Your veterinarian may prescribe anti-vomiting medications or temporarily stop the drug if these occur.
-Overgrowth of gums (gingival hyperplasia) and skin growths (both are rare).
-Lethargy (tiredness, lack of energy). You don’t have to be overly concerned if you see any of these signs unless they are severe, worsen, or continue to be a problem. Contact your veterinarian if this happens.
Side effects that may be serious or indicate a serious problem:
-Infection. Watch for signs of infection such as fever (103°F-104°F), tiredness or lack of energy, sneezing, coughing, poor appetite, or runny eyes. If you see any of these side effects, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Drug & Food Interactions
There are no known contraindications to the use of Atopica.
The safety and effectiveness of Atopica has not been established in dogs less than 6 months of age or less than 4 pounds of body weight. It is not for use in breeding dogs, pregnant or lactating females.
How to Order Your Pet’s Medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- Log into your account on pasadenapetstore.com and create your account if you are ordering any prescription items. This way, You can track all your previous history of orders with us including your pet, veterinarian information.
- Please allow us to contact your veterinarian and give us, Pasadena Pet Store, to obtain a prescription on your behalf by faxing a form to your vet or call to send us the prescription. All your vet needs to do is fill out the form We will be providing and fax them back to us.
- During the checkout, you will be asked to provide information about your animal(s) and your veterinarian. Please have the following information ready if you’re able:
- Your animal's name, species, date of birth and gender
- Any allergies your animal may have to medications
- Current listing of any medications your animal may be taking
- Your veterinarian's name, fax number, and phone number
- By Fax: Your vet can fax the prescription from his or her office to (626) 568-1115. If you have already placed an order, please have your vet reference the order number on the document.
*Faxed prescriptions must come from your veterinarian’s office. Please do not send such fax yourself. *
- By Phone: Veterinarian can approve your prescription over the phone by speaking with a Pasadena Pet Store pharmacist at (626) 568-1115.
- By Mail: You can mail the original written prescription (no photocopies, please) to:
Pasadena Pet Store / Pasadena Pets Hospital
2850 East Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91780
Please Note: If you have the original written prescription (or notarized copy of the prescription) – you must mail it to the pharmacy. Please do not email your prescription (if you have the original). We cannot accept prescriptions via email. All prescriptions remain on file at Pasadena Pet Store and are valid for one year (unless a shorter date is specified by the prescriber) or until the total quantity has been dispensed, whichever occurs first.
Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by veterinarians. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
Online Store Hours:
- 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST M-F
- Please contact our store at (626) 568-1115 for any questions or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any phone calls and/or emails left before 2:00 PM PST will be returned that business day - calls/emails left after 2:00 PM PST will be returned the next business day.
*In the event of an emergency - please contact your local veterinarian immediately.*
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase medications from Pasadena Pet Store
- The availability of medications may vary by state.
- We cannot ship any prescription medications to destinations outside of the United States nor non-approved state.
- You have to be an existing client or previous client, and existing client relationship with veterinarian is within 1 year.
- When ordering prescription items, you must FIRST log in or create an account to complete your order. We will not ship or fill any medicine without existing client relationship with us, nor without prescription.
- Prescriptions can only be dispensed as written by your veterinarian. The prescription must be written for the specific medication and quantity you wish to order. Any changes will require a new prescription from your veterinarian.
- Prescription products are generally shipped 24-72 hours after a valid prescription is received.
- Prescription items are NOT returnable – once they have shipped, we are unable to take them back.
- Prescriptions are filled for animal use only written by a doctor of veterinarian medicine licensed in the United States.
- No prescriptions will be filled for human use.
- When an order is placed, you may see a 'HOLD' on your bank card, however, we do not capture and collect funds until either the prescription is approved and processes or your over-the-counter products are shipped.
- Please use this link for proper methods of disposing unused medicine.